Saturday, January 16, 2016

It's a Boy!

I have another card to share today using the very sweet Adorable Elephants stamp set from MFT.  I combined the MFT Sketch Challenge and MFT Color Challenge for this card.









To make my watercolor base panel I used Cracked Pistachio distress ink for the light green and my Gansai Tambi watercolors for the light blue, and darker blue splatters.  For the panel that the elephant is sitting on I used a brush and made random watercolor strokes (the dark green is Evergreen bough distress ink and the blue is Gansai Tambi).  I think it loosely resembles tall grasses.  The elephant was watercolored using Hickory Smoke and Worn Lipstick distress inks, and the butterflies were watercolored using Gansai Tambi.  I used MFT Blueprints 20 for all of the die cut pieces.  The sentiment is from Lawn Fawn, I don't have any MFT baby sentiments and I'm going to need to remedy that ;)

So that's all for today, I'm off to get ready for dinner at a fabulous Japanese restaurant!  Enjoy the rest of your weekend!


7 comments:

  1. adorable.. i love the watercolor strokes..

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just as sweet as can be Diane! Great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eep, I adore this, Diane! This is my new favorite card of yours and I'm pinning it! Great watercoloring and fun grassy design!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this is so super sweet! I love your fabulous take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love this! The little elephant is so adorable. And your watercoloring is amazing!

    ReplyDelete