Sunday, January 24, 2016

Freshly Made Sketches #220

Hello!  I have a card to share that I made using the current sketch at Freshly Made Sketches.








To make this card I started by doing some ink blending on white watercolor paper, I used 3 shades of distress inks, Tumbled Glass, Broken China, and Peacock Feathers.  It gave a very subtle color difference top to bottom, but I didn't want the background to be overly "loud".  Next I splattered some water drops on the background, then cut it with a Winnie & Walter scallop border die.  The hearts were cut with a PTI heart die, and stamped with some PTI stamps for the patterns.  The dies in the corner are from Concord & 9th Layers of Love die set, I cut 2 of them and offset them a bit and tied some black and white bakers twine around them and made a bow.  The sentiment was stamped with the Concord & 9th Sophisticated Script stamp set.  I added a tiny heart after the Mr and Mrs (PTI).  I'm really loving my Concord & 9th stamps and dies and have made quite a few cards with them that I've only posted on Instagram, I'll try and do a blog post soon showing them so those of you who don't use Instagram can see them :)

Thanks so much for stopping by today!

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful ink blending Diane. Love that Concord & 9th need to get it, wish the dollar wasn't doing so poorly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I am not on instagram for crafting plus I like to read about how you make the cards so I appreciate you posting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the background you created! Beautiful with the black! Glad joined us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The background is fantastic! Your ink blending looks so great with the black & white!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great use of the sketch! Love the inky goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous take on this sketch, Diane! Love the inking in the background and the gorgeous color combo! I just ordered that script stamp set from Concord and 9th last week---can't wait for it to arrive!!! So pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful card! I love those hearts and that amazing background! Definitely a great take on the sketch! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete