Monday, December 7, 2015

The Challenge #54

Greetings!  Today is the last challenge of the year over at The Challenge, we're taking a little break but will be back in January.  For this last challenge we have a fun sketch for you to try!






I'm not going to lie, I LOVE how my card turned out this time!  I give a great deal of the credit for that to the 2 amazing stamp sets I used here, Harvest Mouse and Hand Lettered Holiday, both from MFT.  I was able to pick up these 2 beauties at the Black Friday sale MFT was having, 30% off all stamps and dies.  I've seen these stamp sets used on MANY cards, and I've always loved how they looked, so I could not resist (even though I really don't have the money to be spending on all this new stuff, yikes!)  Anywho, I colored the mouse with Copics, and I think she turned out beautifully (for me, I'm not an excellent colorist by any means).  One thing that's really helped me with coloring with Copics is that I picked up a 4 pack of the Signo Uni-ball white gel pens and these babies are so great at covering up my boo boos when I go out of the lines (which I invariably do).  I also use the Copic colorless blender pen to try and push the color back, but sometimes that doesn't completely do the job and the white gel pen comes in awfully handy!  I don't remember where I heard this on the internet but thanks to whoever gave this tip.  I don't own many Copics (maybe 30 or so colors), but I did have colors that worked for this card so I went for it!  The sentiment background was stamped in a fairly random pattern with PTI New Leaf ink.  I used some of my sparkly white glitter paper from Colorbok to make the snow and snowflakes (the snowflake dies are from PTI).  

So there you have it, my last card of the year for The Challenge.  I've had so much fun being a member of Lesley's design team the past few months, and am looking forward to the new year with her and the rest of the team!   I hope you'll play along with this sketch, I can't wait to see what you make!


6 comments:

  1. so fabulous.. i love that stamped background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, your card is just perfect! What Copic colors did you use for the mouse? They look grayer than the ones I used and I love them. The repeat sentiment looks fabulous and the glitter paper makes the greatest snow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sharron! The colors I used are E51 E53 and E55.

      Delete
  3. I can see why you love it Diane. This is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I mught HAVE to CASE this lovely sweet card! THe BG large letters is BRILLIANT and just the perfect backdrop to the sweet MOUSE Set! -which I got for early Xmas !! YAY!!! FANTASTIC Diane!

    ReplyDelete