Monday, November 9, 2015

The Challenge #50

Hello and happy Monday!  We have a color challenge for you this week at The Challenge, and the graphic for it is gorgeous!  I'm also playing along with Freshly Made Sketches today, I used their sketch to make my card.










Isn't the pillow in the photo gorgeous?!  I wanted to add some texture to mimic the pillow to my card so I used some cross stitch fabric, cut with a stitched circle die.  The poinsettia and sentiment are from Winnie & Walter.  I used white embossing powder on red patterned paper to make my poinsettia, and I cut several layers to give it dimension.  The silver fronds were cut from silver card stock using a craft punch.  I added some silver and marshmallow sequins to finish the card.

Remember, you don't have to use a poinsettia on your card since this is a color challenge, any card using red, silver, kraft, and white will be fine.  Be sure to stop over at The Challenge to see what the design team created; can't wait to see what YOU make!!

9 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous. I love how you cut out the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that flower is gorgeous.. love this card..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! I especially love how you cut out the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Diane! I love that flower and the sequins! The aida cloth is such a great accent! So perfect for Christmas! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous card... that poinsettia is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your poinsettia! The white embossing with red patterned paper looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! The poinsettia is gorgeous! Glad you joined us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete