Thursday, October 1, 2015

My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge #248

Hi, I'm back with my second post for today.  I'm entering this card in MFT's Wednesday Sketch Challenge.







To make this card I first stamped a kraft card base using Wplu9 Warm Wool ink and MFT's On the Diagonal background stamp.  On the white panel I used flower stamps from Fall Florals which I stamped using Wplus9's Pumpkin Spice and Gala Apple inks, and Warm Wool ink for the flowers centers.  Next I used a fine line black marker to loosely sketch over the solid flowers.  I think the trick with this is to work loosely and quickly, not trying to be perfect.  I doodled some black dots in the center of the orange flowers and for the red flowers, since I currently don't have a white pen that works, I used some thick white gesso and the tip of my paint brush to add the white dots.  I added the lines and dots around the flowers to carry through the doodle style.  I stamped the sentiment using the Pumpkin Spice ink.  I added some twine behind my white panel, wrapped around the card.   I had a lot of fun doing the doodling, I'll have to do more of this soon, it's a fun technique and allows you to stretch your stamps by giving them different looks.

I'll be back soon with one last post for the day :)

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful fall colors, Diane! I keep looking at that floral stamp set but it's often out of stock. It looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete