Wednesday, September 9, 2015

MFT Card Design Superstar Contest

I didn't think I'd be back with another card today, but I had some time this afternoon to make this one and I love how it turned out and wanted to get it entered in the My Favorite Things card contest.  This makes 4 cards that I've made for the contest, one more to go :)






This card was really fun to make!  I used leaves from the new Fall Florals stamp set along with Distress Inks (Barn Door, Spiced Marmalade, and Mustard Seed).  I inked the leaf stamp with the DI then sprayed with water and stamped on watercolor paper.  For the background I used Antique Linen DI to watercolor and added the splatters with Brushed Corduroy.  I stamped the stems and sentiment (from Thanks So Very Much) with brown VersaFine ink.  To make the banner that the sentiment is stamped on I used the large flag die from Blueprint 13, cutting it down to the needed length.  I punched a couple of holes and added the brown twine.  The card is finished with some gold Pretty Pink Posh sequins. 

It's been really hot here in the northeast and I'm eager for cooler temperatures to arrive (which they should very soon!)  This card reminds me that fall is just around the corner :)

Have a wonderful day!

6 comments:

  1. This looks beautiful!!! I LOVE the background technique you used on this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love this one, too! You've sold me on the stamp set! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diane, this is FABULOUS!!! I love the techniques you used, your color choices, the rustic touch of the twine and the touch of glam with the sequins!!! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another gorgeous background - you're on fire - I dont think you need to buy any more pattern paper - you've graduated - head of the class!

    ReplyDelete